Gārsene castle

 

Architectural complex of the manor developed around the rectangular yard in front of the Neo-Gothical manor-house that was built for von Budbergs house around 1856. By old documentries of this family in its origins was built the two-storied part. The other lower outbuilding was walled in 1885. School was rebuilt after the project of the architect Vasilyev for the needs of elementary school in 1939. Since 1940 old manor-house is used by Gārsene Elementary School. Household buildings are situated around the front yard. The 18th century granary and stables with arcade were built beside the manor-house. Old 18th century Mill with Neo-Gothic facade (made in the 2nd half of the 19th century) is situated on the other side of the paved road. Household part of the complex also includes distillery with the house for workers and the servants' house. There also is a wide landscape park with ponds and decorative bridges. 

There is museum in the manor-house, its displays are dedicated to the history of                                                                                                                         von Budbergs' house.

Price list

Gārsene castle, exhibition hall un castle garden  – addmission: donationsAccommodation in castle EUR 3.00/ for 1 person 24 hour (mattresses),  

EUR 5.00/  for 1 person 24 hour (beds and bedding), EUR 2.00/24 hour - 1 tent.

Rooms for seminars and conferences - EUR 14.50 per hour.
Banquet room for rent  - EUR 2.50/ for 1 person. 

Services

  • Rooms and equipment for camping
  • Rooms and equipment for organisation of seminars/conferences/banquets 
  • Castle catering in cellar (service provide farmstead "Rātes" - tel.: 27872199)

Address:

Braucot pa Rīgas - Neretas – Daugavpils šoseju (P73), posma Aknīste – Daugavpils 7. kilometrā nogriežoties pa labi, pēc 3 km Jūs nokļūsit pie Gārsenes pils.

"Labieši", Gārsene, Gārsenes pagasts, LV - 5218; GPS: 56.0994; 25.8098                             

Tel.: + 371 27819084; + 371 29490656E-mail: garsenespils@akniste.lv

                                                                                                       



Asare Manor

Asare Manor-house was built in 1749. After 1840 large modernisation works took place. Building acquired new Tudor Neo-Gothic exterior and was the eldest example of revival of this Historicism tentence in Augszeme region. Many household buildings were walled up around the manor-house. Fruit-barn (1853), Servants' House (1836), Smithy (1851), Granary (1843), Major-domo's House (middle of the 19th century), Servants' Outbuilding, Pub, Mortuary, Old Bewery (1849), New Spirit Destillary (1886), Destillary's Household Building, Destillary's Manager's House (1899) and cowshed were built. Asare Evangelic Lutheran Church concludes the architectural ensemble of the manor complex. Manor-house burned down in fire in January, 1926. Picturesque ruins of the manor-house, household complex, 19th century 6.4 ha wide landscape park and dendrology park have preserved to the present day.

Address:
Braucot virzienā Aknīste – Daugavpils (šoseja P73) ir norāde uz Asari, pēc 3 km brauciena Asares muiža ir sasniegta.
GPS 56.1176, 25.8839
Tel.:  + 371 29490656                                                                                                                                                                       
Created with Mozello - the world's easiest to use website builder.

 .